Monday, January 25, 2010

Valentine's Decor part 1

We are starting to get into Valentine's Day decorating. This year I'm hoping to more crafts with K, so I hope to have more posts as I go.

My first part is a Christmas clearance meets Valentine's day. I saw during the holiday season a cute idea using doilies as snowflakes. (I wish I remembered which blog I saw it on) I knew I wanted to use the idea for Valentine's day since there is always heart doilies available. Well I was also seeing a lot of bead garland on clearance at Walmart with cute snowflakes in the garland. So I decided to combine the two.



I decided to hang the garland like rope around our fireplace to start. Then I tape doilies to the garland. What I like about the idea is as K and I make more hearts we can hang them off the garland by tying string and letting them hang down - using the beads to help anchor and separate the hearts. I also picked up the garland in a green so I can make some decor for St. Pat's Day and Easter.


Looking for more hearts!!

I need to add I spent about 75 cents for each garland (I bought 2 red and a green and a pink)
I found the doilies at Hobby Lobby for $1.47 for the plain 6" hearts and I did find a package in the Target dollar spot. I have plans to add garland around our one window in the family room and MANY more hearts!

1 comment:

Sherri @ Dude I Made It said...

You are a crafter after my own heart. I love using holiday clearance stuff for projects. Yours turned out very cute!!