Friday, January 22, 2010

Losing track of time

I was looking at my goals for 2010 and realized I'm falling behind already!! I haven't blogged as much -- but I do have some things lined up to go I just have to upload more pictures. I wanted to get a Valentine Decor up this weekend - but of course I'm seeing more ideas than I can do.

I also went ona little yarn spending spree this week. Every year so far for K's birthday I have knitted her a dress. Well birthday number 4(!!) is coming up and I'm out of good yarn in my stash for a dress. Mind you this summer she will be a getting a striped dress I think with some odds and ends - but her birthday needs a different look. My husband likes one dress I made for her about 2 years ago.

















Here she is wearing it as a 2 year old.




Here she is wearing it as 3 1/2 year old

You can see one reason we still like the dress, it has become a great sweater. Well K picked out a great purple yarn so I can remake this dress, but the yarn I used for the ruffle is actually leftover yarn from a project I did 20 years ago!!! Needless to say - no longer available and there isn't a great subsitute yarn currently available. Well I was playing on Ravelry getting ideas when I researched the old yarn and found someone in CA with 17 balls in their stash!! I email the guy and he was willing to part with the yarn. So Happily/sadly I can say that I have 17 more balls of yarn coming into my stash. At the same time I can say - that it is harder to get full projects out of my stash and I have worked it down  A LOT. I have some ideas to play with this year and some yarns will make into my daughter crafts supplies to be used up. I can't wait to see out the new dress turns out.

Also this week when we were out running errands I was happy to hear K tell people proudly that Mommy made "     " item that they were admiring. It is great to see that she enjoys the items I make for her and she proudly wears them. Which reminds me I need to take a picture of the well worn halloween costume from Halloween 2009, the poor thing is being well worn out - to the point I wouldn't be able to resell it or give as a hand me down.

I look forward to getting more posts up soon!

No comments: