Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The first views of the birthday party

Before I start getting things set up for the party on Saturday - I'll give a sneak peek at the Cricut items I made for the party

First the invites -

These were made with one of the Disney Cartridges and the Alphalicious Cartridge.
I did the princesses at 4 1/2"  and the words at 2". The card themselves are the 5x6 1/2".
What was nice through most of my cutting I was able to use some old paper I bought when I first started scrapping (most were 8 1/2x 11" paper). I did purchase some Bazzill for the Princesses and Beast (as I didn't have good browns).



The carriage - My plan is to use plastic cups in here and display the silverware and napkins and such on the buffet table. The carriage was cut at about 11 inches. Again some old paper, the light blue is actually "marbled" looking paper from Westrim.



These ladies will hopefully be standing up around the birthday cake. I have some chipboard "stands" holding them up - if that doesn't work, I'm raiding my daughters games. These are at about 7 1/2" high



These ladies are at about 11 to 11 1/2" depending on the paper size. I had to make a beast because my daughter keeps telling us that Daddy has to dress like the beast. I'll be hanging them around the room.



Snow white - has a special place (if you were wondering where she was). I did these at 5 1/2" (I only have the orginal cricut and borrowed my friends for the rest). I did these guys over a couple of nights. I used the design studio to create a flip of each dwarf as well as a regular cut. Also using the software - allowed me to get the most for my cuts. I had a lot happening at once since some of the dwarves shared colors.



The shield will be something the boys will be decorating (it is a Knights and Princess Party).
I used the Paper Doll Dress up for the dragon and swords. I did the Dragon at 5 1/2" and the swords at "real size" 5 1/2" from the princes accessories.



And the goodies bags.
I used Paper Doll Dress up - Princess, knight, and castle. All at 5 1/2"
The tags are George and basic shapes
The names on the tags are Simply Sweet.
I didn't dress these up - since they are for 2-4 yr olds. I did put a little piece of paper in a couple of towers to make the castle stand out a little.

I'll have more pictures after the party. I know I'm going to be picked on for doing to much, but I LOVE being creative.


3 comments:

tlettling said...

Those are so cute.

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

very cute! I love all the cut-outs!

Jess said...

Those are adorable. I'll bet your daughter loved them! Thanks for posting at Favorite Things Friday!